Friday, May 18, 2012

Hello Colorado!

We're here! We're here!  After loading anything and everything that could possibly fit into Milly the Milan, Lily and I headed west. We made an overnight pit stop in GB to see my parents and eat Delgado's chips for the last time for a while, at least.  We left around 9:00 a.m. the next day for the most boring drive ever. Packed to the max with plenty of sunflower seeds and drinks. We stopped in Colby, KS to see an old college friend and then made it into Denver around 3:00 p.m.  After unloading everything from poor Milly, her bumper was probably dragging the ground, seriously, I started unpacking.  I've moved a million times in my life which is pretty sad because I didn't move out of the house until I was 20 but I'm a pro mover/packer.  I had mostly everything put away before Colby came home from work....just not my small heaping pile of clothes.  We are living in one bedroom, one bathroom apartment with two dogs. 1 medium sized a.k.a Lily "the pill", 1 large sized a.k.a Jax. So we're sharing a closet.  There were no hangers so I just sorted things into piles.  When Colby came home I warned him not to go into his bedroom.  He didn't listen and this is what I hear from the living room, "O. MY. GOSH. CLOTHES!!!" I told him to quit freaking out. Apparently, Blake told him his life would never be the same, haha, thanks Blake. I just needed hangers from Target. Hangers are expensive, btw!  But needless to say everything of mine has found a place. We're all moved in and co-habitating and haven't killed each other, yet. Did I mention we're moving to a bigger place in July...I guess I had better start packing.
 Don't worry. I didn't make Lily sit like this for very long. We had to drop off some stuff at Gina and Kirk's before we left KC.
 She slept the whole entire way. If you look real closely you will see the Jim Bean with Duck statue my Grandma Penka gave me. It made the trip to Denver with us.
 The view from my back windshield for 8 long hours.

So, for my first official weekend in Denver, our friends Melissa and Blake Smith from KC, came to Colorado.  Melissa's family owns a cabin in Grand Lake, CO about 2 hours from Denver.  Melissa and Blake are getting ready to move to North Carolina (come on and raise up, sorry I had to:) for her medical residency at UNC so they wanted to spend some time at the cabin before moving.  We left Friday afternoon, The Smith's, Colby and I, Jax & Lily. The trip was super easy.  We stopped at the grocery store and got everything we needed for the weekend and made our way to the cabin.  A few wrong turns and we found it.  Now, pulling up to this old, red cabin we weren't expecting much but as soon as you pull the curtains you can see this UH-MAZING view of the mountains and the lake.  It was seriously breath-taking! It was a weekend full of grilling, fishing, relaxing, boozing, P&L P&A and a very small bed for two people and two dogs. We also got to see the supermoon. AND we even saw three real, live meese moose from a distance that night while drinking on the patio.  Melissa says, "Somebody just put a boat in the water."  "That's not a boat, those are moose."  Who so quietly and quickly made it into the backyard about three cabins down. My mom said moose are really mean.  I'll take her word for it.

I was not lying. This was our view from the back patio.
One of my favs:)
Jax and Lily melts my heart:) They have a love/hate relationship
The red boat house at the cabin
Me & the pups
So this is my first time blogging. Hopefully, I'll get better at it. Sorry if you were bored to tears but this is  the easiest way to let everyone know what's going on in our lives. Next up: Eric Church at Red Rocks and backpacking/camping with friends!

1 comment:

  1. Now if we can get Tony to start blogging ... :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete